Sunday, June 11, 2006

If I had an entire weekend to myself, I would...

What would you do if you have an entire weekend to yourself?

I've always liked being with my family. I like to go out and do fun things, but I have always liked doing those things with my family. This past weekend we all went camping. It rained all day on friday, and we were glad to have the little trailer to keep us dry. Saturday was a beautiful day, the kids played and rode their bikes and the Mister and I talked and did a sodoku puzzle (I haven't gotten into those before, but it was kind of fun- especially since we were doing it together- see even doing puzzles are more fun when you do them with your family).

We packed up and came home after lunch, so it was a short camping trip, but a fun one. We came home in time to clean up and my sister and her family arrived to babysit so the Mister and I could go out to dinner and a movie. We haven't done that in a really long time, so it was very nice.

Back to the original question though, what would I do if I had a whole weekend... I might soak in the tub, and condition my hair. I've found that leaving conditioner in your hair for long periods of time (while soaking in the tub) makes your hair feel really good, and we all know that having nourished hair is practically equal to having a nourished soul. I might paint my toe nails with more than the one coat of severely chipped brown paint they currently have (whoa, I could even do a clear top coat or something!!!). I might watch the whole A&E Pride and Prejudice (who doesn't love Colin Firth after all). I might spend at least some time cleaning the house. My closet and bedside table fall by the wayside when I'm trying to clean up toys and meals, so it would feel good to have "my space" organized and feng shui'ed or something. I'm sure I'd also spend some time shopping. It's really hard to shop and try on clothes with a 4-year-old who likes to race down the isles and hide in the middle of the round clothes racks and a two-year-old who is some sort of a Houdini when it comes to shopping cart seat belts. (It's times like those that make me praise online shopping with free returns if something doesn't fit right.)

At the end of a relaxing weekend of focusing on only myself and my own needs, I would race to pick up my children and squeeze them, and tickle them until their laughter was the only thing I could hear. I'd wrap my arms around my husband and let my children wiggle themselves in between us until we were a big pile of family, because that is the thing I love best.

No comments: