Thursday, January 01, 2009

New Years Resolutions

I don't really like the idea of new years resolutions, I do, however, like the idea of setting goals for myself, and a new year seems like a good time to set some goals, so call them what you want- here are mine...

-Gain a few pounds of muscle. If I weighed a bit more, I'd theoretically be less susceptible to illnesses, and I'd prefer to not gain fat. This goal might be the hardest. Any tips for gaining muscle and not fat? I'm guessing ice cream every day is not the way to go here... Is weight training necessary for gaining muscle?

-Clean out clutter. I have too much stuff, and would like to simplify and organize things.

-Be content with what I have. This goes along nicely with simplifying and organizing. It's easier to clean out clutter if I am careful about what I bring into my house in the first place. I'm not going to stop buying things (I love books, and nice quality kitchen things, and my kids like games and toys), but I'm going to be more thoughtful about what I buy.

No comments: