Monday, April 23, 2007

If it's not one poop, it's the other...

After reading about all sorts of ways to make cloth diapering easier (and to avoid rinsing diapers in the toilet), I've discovered something...

It's really not that big of a deal to rinse a diaper out in the toilet. I don't actually have to stick my hand in the poopy-toilet-water or anything. I just hang on to a corner and swish it around a bit until the poop is mostly off, then put it in the diaper pail. My Mr. is not so fond of doing that (and not that I enjoy it or anything), but cloth diapers aren't too bad. Flushable diaper wipes would be nice, since I haven't been able to bring myself to use cloth wipes (I spend all this time trying to get the poop off of the diaper and into the toilet- so why would I want to have more bits of cloth with poop on them?!). We currently just use disposable wipes and toss them in the trash.

I finished cleaning up the 3-year-old's poopy diaper, sat down to read my email, and wham (that's not what it sounds like, but you get the idea), the baby takes his turn.

Thankfully he's in disposables until bits and pieces are all healed.

No comments: