Monday, November 12, 2007

Friends of Scouting not so Friendly Afterall...

Voice of Utah posted about the salary for Great Salt Lake Council Executive Paul Moore.

I don't personally enjoy sending money to support exorbitant salaries, so I think I might just say no thank you, or pass along a note explaining why I'm not donating the next time the friend's of scouting drive comes along.

I'll happily buy scout shirts for boys who need them, and I'll do anything else I can to support scouts. I'm sure as a mother of three boys, I'll be sending plenty of money along to scout headquarters. But really, $215,000?

I thought there was some sort of salary cap on non-profits...

2 comments:

George said...

Under present circumstances I will no longer be giving any money to Scout Hdqrs. The other night at Nielsen's Frozen Custard the bill for Double Diner Burgers and Concretes for all of our YM/Scouts was over a hundred. I will continue that and do all I can for the boys I care about, but no mas for the Great Salt Lake Council.

adamf said...

Thanks for the heads up on this--next time I'll donate something directly in lieu of cash.