Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Lips Vs. Heart

A year ago, Derek at A Liberal Mormon wrote a piece on Christian Conservatives and the appearance of religion versus the actions of religion. It's an incredibly well thought out piece. One that I wish all those who love that our current president is such a religious person would read.

One of my brothers-in-law said recently that President Bush has been acting "almost prophet-like lately". This scares me. And makes me really sad. Not to speak badly about my brother-in-law. He's a wonderful, smart, funny, kind person. He just happens to have some really black and white views on politics and religion, and often combines the two. I have a hard time with his politics, but I know he feels the same way about mine. Such is life...

Anyway, take the time to read Derek's Christian Conservatives: Lips Vs. Heart post, and while you're there, look around. It's a great blog.

No comments: