Friday, May 19, 2006

Knitting

This is my third dish rag.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The first is a little wonky, and I gave the second one to my mom. This one I may keep for myself, or I might give it to a friend. I haven't decided yet. My mother-in-law makes dish rags (and she makes them much faster than I do) and I don't want to take over her dish rag making. :) It's been good practice for me though. Small projects with lots of repetition.

After this dish rag is done, I'm going to practice purling. When I get competent at purling, I'll combine the knit stitch and the purl stitch. I'm hoping to make a baby blanket with a basket weave pattern in it. we'll see. I might make a basket weave scarf first (small projects are much less intimidating, plus there's less yarn to waste if I mess up and ruin the whole thing).

No comments: