Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Surprise!

We have returned home safely from our week-long camping trip at Baumgartner Campground. It was really fun to be around the Mister's family. There are some family members who we don't get to see as often as I would like. They are really great people.

This evening Nat called to let me know that she had gathered three eggs while we were gone. WE HAVE EGGS!!!! I'm pretty sure it's just Red who is laying. She is the biggest of the three.

Nat gathered one egg on sunday, one on monday or tuesday and one today.

The camera is missing, since I packed it in a really secure place for our camping trip (we don't have pictures from our camping either because of my packing job), but as soon as I find it, I'll post some pictures of them. They are tiny and brown and very cute. Maybe we will have a miniature omelet or something.

Here is the picture!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 comment:

Emily said...

HOOREGGS!

Things like this (and gardening, or watching other people garden at least) really make me appreciate how much work it would be to try to survive on what you can produce yourself.

Well done, chickens.