Thursday, July 10, 2014

July 2014 Garden Update

This was my garden in May:


And here it is in July.  A lot happens in two months.


Peppers and melons.


Tomatoes.


Summer squash, cucumbers, ground cherry, kale and mini pumpkins.


Green beans.


This is the green bean bed that the birds got to and I didn't have enough seed to replant.  It has some beans, and I added two pumpkins plants and three sad clearance tomato plants.


Corn.


Winter squash.


Jerusalem artichokes and pole beans.


Artichokes.  These died a few times and I replanted.  Hopefully the two remaining plants survive and produce next year since they're not doing much this year.


Green onions (I grew roots on the ones I bought at the store and planted them.  I just keep cutting the tops off and they keep growing back.  I read that if I let one flower and go to seed, those seeds will come up next year).


Chicken Waterer.  Eventually this system will be hooked up to our automatic watering system.



Baby watermelon!


Banana pepper (for pickling!).


Anaheim pepper.


No comments: