Last weekend we did get the chicken coop moved which was a pretty big job. Here's my Mister using the tractor to move the chicken cube (someday it's going to have a roof and siding). It wasn't located quite legally- too close to the other shed, so we moved it to be safe and legal- and also to give the chickens a better set up in the winter- last winter their food and water area was shaded by the coop, and they didn't get much sun. This will be much better.
While we were moving the coop the chickens were all off dust bathing. We thought these looked dead. Funny chickens.
We also moved mama hen and her chicks, and gave them a little free roam time. They were pretty cute.
One sad job was to "off" the rooster. We aren't allowed roosters, so when Buffy the Vampire Slaying Chicken, turned out to be a he, we were pretty sad, and put off the inevitable for as long as possible. With warmer weather though we, and the neighbors, started sleeping with the windows open, and 5am rooster crows just don't work. Goodbye big guy. You were a majestic creature.
One thing that made killing Buffy a little easier was that we have a broody hen, so we gave her some eggs to sit on (we also took a bunch over to the elementary school for a class to try to hatch- they have an incubator). No idea if we'll get any chicks out, but can't hurt to try.