Monday, June 07, 2010

Good for you AND me!


I'm on the computer kind of a lot.  Probably too much (It's an ongoing battle, but I'm trying to make sure that I get everything done that I need to do before I play around too much (though sometimes you just need a break from the "MOM, MOM, MOM!!!"  The internets are good for that)).

Also, if I can find a good deal with free shipping, I much prefer shopping online to shopping in stores (I think that's a sign of middle-age- I used to love going shopping).  I've found a couple of websites that help me earn a little money back for online searches or online shopping.  If anyone is interested in signing up, you can start earning money back too, plus I get a referral bonus.  See?  It's a win-win.

I thought posting on my blog would be less obnoxious than sending all of you an email, this way, if you're interested, sign up, and if not, you're only out the time you spent reading this post.

Shop at Home is a website with partnerships at many of the online stores we regularly buy from.  If you register at shop at home, you earn a $5 sign up bonus (and if you sign up and buy something within 60 days through my link above, I get one too).  When you're ready to buy something online, you log into your shop at home account, search for the store, and if it's there, you go to the store through the link and earn whatever percentage cash back that store offers.  When you've earned $20, shop at home sends you a check.  Some stores have extra coupons posted, in addition to the cash back.  If I'm buying stuff online anyway, I might as well get a little something back for it!

Search & WinThe other site, Swag Bucks is a search engine where you earn "swag bucks" for searching online (there are a few other ways to earn swag bucks, but searching is the main one), and then you can trade in your swag bucks for prizes.  I trade mine in for $5 Amazon gift cards.  It takes me a month or two of normal searching, generally to earn enough swag bucks for a $5 gift card, then when I have $25 worth, I buy something I've been wanting on Amazon, and get the free shipping.  Right now I'm saving up for some new bread pans.  I've downloaded the swag bucks toolbar, which puts a search box at the top of any window I have open, so I don't have to go to their website to search.

No comments: