Monday, May 01, 2006

I've been Relieved!

(I mean released).

When you do something for so long, you start to forget that someday, you may not have to do it anymore. The day arrived though. I handed over my primary binder and my church keys. I've actually know that I was going to get released for two weeks, so I've had time to get used to the idea.

I worried a little about who the new primary president would be. Would she do things right? Would she visit the kids we've been focusing on as much as she should? I can say, that it sure feels good to hear the name of the new person and know that she will be wonderful.

It felt really good walking home from church past the homes of some kids we have been trying to get to come to primary and know that while I can (and will) be a good neighbor and invite them to church, it is no longer my responsibility to visit and encourage the way that I did when I was primary president.

Last sunday I sat in primary as we were singing the closing song I felt really sad. I'm going to miss it. I'm really going to miss the close association with the women I worked with for the last two and a half years. We worked well together, and they are good friends.

I won't have a break from sunday service though. I've been called as the Mia Maid advisor in the young women's program. I'm looking forward to it. There will be very different challenges, and a lot of new people to get to know. I always use to think that I didn't ever want a calling in the young women program. It intimidated me. Being in primary and having the responsibilities I have had has made me realize that I can do it (and I can even be excited about it).

No comments: